Complete these three requirements:
- Tell a story or relate an incident to a group of people, such as your
family, den, or members of your class.
- Write a letter to a friend or relative.
- Make a poster about something that interests you. Explain the poster to
Earn the Communicating belt loop, and complete five of the following
- Write an original poem or story.
- Keep a journal of daily activities for at least seven days.
- Listen to a news story on television or the radio. Discuss the information
with an adult.
- Go to the library. Use the card catalog or computer reference system to
find a book, and then check it out.
- Read a book that has been approved by your parent or teacher. Discuss the
book with an adult.
- With a friend, develop a skit. Perform it at a Scout meeting, family
meeting, or school event.
- Learn the alphabet in sign language. Learn how to sign 10 words.
- With an adult, use the Internet to search for information on a topic of
interest to you.
- Watch three television commercials and discuss the information in them
with your parent or den leader.
- Read the directions for a new game. Explain to a family member or friend
how to play it.
- Learn about "reading" materials for people who have poor vision
or who are blind.
- While traveling, make a list of road signs, animals, or license plates
that you see.